Power NURBS unique hybrid approach fuses the next generation NURBS surface construction technology with the industry’s leading Solids Modeling technology bringing an unparalleled modeling experience to the 3ds Max Platform.
Power NURBS modeling environment is designed to provide artists intuitive access to complex advanced modeling tools allowing you to expand your creative potential beyond the polygon world.
- Powerful Artist Oriented User Interface - for fast, flexible construction and editing.Video
- Intelligent NURBS Sketcher- easily sketch, draw or trace complex NURBS curve networks. Video
- Power Trim - trimming and splitting with projected curves and surface. See Video. Also added were powerful offset, step back and filling tools to enable the user to quickly and easily create complex surface features. Another Video
- Solid Boolean features - Join, intersect, merge, subtract and trim complex combinations of surfaces and solids without polygon artifacts. Video
- Power Blend - double sided blend and moving much of the common operations into the right click menu. See Video. "Side Blending" to enable users to create blends with 3 and 4 tangent sides. Another Video
- Advanced surface and Solids Filleting - Round any edge or edges with numerous fillet types and any combination of radii. Video
- Power X Curve - the ability to produce an intersection curve between 2 surfaces. Video
- Intelligent objects - retain parameterization and includes full, navigatable, per-object history.
- Resolution independent surfaces – easily adjust a model’s level of detail for the viewport or rendering. Video
- Power Composite Sketch - the composite sketch can be used to reference curves in sketches as well as edges of surfaces. You can also split a composite sketch now. Video
- Power Sketch - tangent and perpendicular constraints for NURBS curves and surfaces. "Fix Curves" button which does automatic vertex merging setting tangency between curves. See Video. Also,right click menu items for common operations. Another Video
- Power Bevel - create bevels of various shapes around the edges of a surface to help them to render more realistically. See Video.
- Power 2-D Boolean - does 2-D Boolean operations between closed sketches.See Video, Another Video
- Power Surface Tools - provides surface draping and re approximation. Video
- Power Blend Curve - creates a 3-D blending curve between surfaces or edges. It updates when underlying curve/surfaces change. Video
- Power Project - creates a curve which represents the projection of a curve onto a surface or surfaces. It updates when underlying curve or surfaces change. Video
- Power Offset- creates offsets for the surfaces of a given object. Video
- Creation of Surface Grids - creation of a grid on the surface which represents the ISO curves displayed on the surface. This allows drawing on a surface with vertex and curve snapping. Video
- UV Trimming Sub-Object - sub-object mode to allow the user to dynamically adjust the default UV trimming curves of Rail Sweep, Blend, and Corner Blend surfaces. See Video, Another Video
Quickly sketch out your idea with our free form NURBS curve network. Easily blend or sweep your curves into complex interconnected organic shapes. Intuitively re-sculpt your form on the fly while changes automatically propagate through your model. Produce complex surface detail by drawing and projecting curves onto your model. Cutaway, intersect, join or Boolean surfaces and solids without having to clean up polygon errors. Feel the joy of selecting any edge or set of edges and applying numerous fillet combinations that work and with our resolution independent meshing technology. Never worry about poly count again. Sound too good to be true? Think again. It’s all here in Power NURBS, so stop imagining and truly experience the next generation of modeling.